Low libido or the loss of sex drive is a very common problem both in men and women. There are so many reasons that can point to the causes of this problem. At some point in our lives, we will experience this. But if you are in a romantic relationship, you should find a solution to this as soon as possible. Remember that intimacy between two romantic partners is very important.
Let’s Talk About Low Libido
Low libido is a decrease in interest in sexual activity. It is normal to lose interest in intimate moments from time to time because our libido levels vary. It is also common if your interest does not match your partner sometimes. However, experiencing low libido for a long period of time can be a problem. This can sometimes be an indication of an underlying health issue. So here are the most common causes of low libido in men.
- This factor causes a lot of changes in our body. This decreases the testosterone levels which is also linked to libido. As you get older, improving your sex life can be a challenge, but if you use the right products and medications, there is always a solution to this problem.
- Low Testosterone. Testosterone is a very important male hormone. This is the hormone responsible for building muscles as well as bone mass. This can also stimulate sperm production. Its levels can be a huge factor in your sex drive. As you age, your testosterone levels will decrease but this can also lead to loss of libido.
- Chronic Illness. If you are not feeling well as an effect of your chronic health condition, getting intimate with your partner would be the least of your priorities. There are illnesses like cancer that can reduce your sperm production count.
- This changes a lot of things in a person’s life. Those who have depression will have reduced or lack of interest in activities which they found to be pleasurable before and this includes sex. Low libido can be a side effect of antidepressants.
- If you are taking certain medications, it can lower your testosterone levels that may lead to low libido. Some of the medications may include blood pressure medications, chemotherapy or radiation treatments, opioid pain relievers, antifungal medications, and so much more.
- Restless Legs Syndrome. This is when you cannot control the urge of your legs to move. According to a study, men who have RLS have a higher risk of developing erectile dysfunction or become impotent.
- Sleep Problems. A study revealed that ⅓ of men who have sleep apnea also have reduced testosterone levels. This can cause a decrease in libido and sexual activity.
Find Low Libido Solution Online
There are so many libido-enhancing supplements that you can find online. Some of them are aphrodisiacs and Spanish fly products that you can easily purchase without the need for a doctor’s prescription. Even though most of these products are proven to be safe and effective, it is important that you choose them wisely. You have hundreds of brands to choose from. So it is best if you read reviews online and find honest opinions about the products before giving them a try.